Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ode To Joy

I wrote this poem a while ago, can't remember exactly when. From the looks of things, it seems like I was going through a tough time, but thankfully theres a happy ending :)


I've been a debbie downer lately and I apologize. Stress tends to do that to me. She's a mean and spiteful bitch.
But anyways, this is an ode to joy. I think its important from time to time, to remember and acknowledge all the good things around you.
Keep the things that make you happy and discard anything/anyone that doesn't.

This is an ode to joy. Shout out to all the good times, the happy times and the funny times.
No bad times here. None I care to mention.

I'd like to say that I'm grateful for my life, the lives of my friends, and family. And anyone else who inspired me or helped me in some way.

I'm glad that every instance in my life, whether good or bad, has taught me something valuable.

Shout out to all the good days and even the bad ones too. Cause the good always seem to outweigh the bad, don't they? :)

I love my life and those in it. I love my flaws.
My silliness, my craziness, and my creativity.

All these things and more made me who I am today.
Without them, theres no telling who or what I'd be.

This is an ode to joy. Taking the time to be joyful has help me put things into perspective.
So the next time I'm feeling down, I'll just read this again.

2 comments:

  1. Good write...happiness is between the ears....always good to do a perspective check. vb

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very wise piece. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete