Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Patience: The Non-Virtue


Patience is a virtue.
Not often instilled in the young.
Or maybe that’s just me.
I can’t speak for you.
I can honestly say,
That I’ve been to hell and back a thousand times,
But I’ve never felt a pain so deep as the one I feel for you when you’re not with me.
Wishing you were here.
But you never are.
You’re always so far away.
In a different place.
It’s too bad really.
That your timing never came.
That you and I could never seem to be on the same plane.
If I believed in fate,
I’d say she didn’t plan for us to be together.
If I believed in destiny,
I’d say we were never destined to be.
If I believed in love,
I’d say you never really loved me.
But I don’t believe in those things.
Reality has taught me that they aren’t real.
So, I’ll just blame this one on patience.
Patience is a virtue,
They say.
A virtue not often instilled in the hearts and minds of the young.
I’m still patiently waiting for the right one to come along.
I do know one thing though.
He better hurry up and get here,
Cause my Patience is running quite thin…

No comments:

Post a Comment